Project title: Development of an integrated system for the treatment of biological waste derived from agriculture I
Project No: GINOP-2.2.1-15-2017-00045
Consortium leader: ProfiKomp® Enviromnemtal Technologies Inc.
Consortium members: Béke Agrár Ltd; Kaposvár University
Period of implementation: 01.10.2017 - 30. 09.2020
Amount of support: 466 784 939,- HUF
The consortium partners (ProfiKomp® Environmental Technologies Inc.; Béke Agrár Ltd.; Kaposvár University) have been developing such a complex system, which is aimed at implementing a new approach for the management of liquid manure while complying with the EU’s action plans on the transition to circular economy. The system is based on the application of 3 different biological waste treatment technologies. Furthermore consists of the pre-treatment procedures as an aid for the treatment process. The consortium pays particular attention to the mutual integration of individual system components, hence various customer needs could be met quickly and effiectively during the marketing of the product.
The idea of the project is based on the low efficiency of utilisting the biodegradable fractions from agriculture, as well as the energy and nutrient content of the waste fractions which are not easily obtained. The European Union is devoting special attention to the issue of biowaste within the circular economy concept, especially dealing with fully recycling of the nutirents and energy potential that could be derived from.
The objectives of this project have been determined by taking into account the aspects of this program, which are:
- developing a more efficient treatment process for liquid manure with biological drying;
- developing the concept for aerobic biological treatment from the substrate made up of straw, residues and liquid manure;
- solid state fermentation (SSF) of liquid manure in percolators via mobile equipment;
- developing a composting technology suitable for digestate;
- further processing of compost produced (suitable for distribution as organic fertilizer);
- Integrate the above goals into one system and develop a related advisory system.